The National Agency of Private Investment (ANIP) paid tribute to inventors and companies that have contributed to the socio-economic development of Angola, in light of the Sponsorship Law, says Angola's national radio (RNA). Recognition of the winners took place on Friday, November 13 during the 2nd ANIP Award in 2014, whose theme was "We Reward Quality and Encourage Sponsorship”.? During the whole welcome speech, the president of ANIP, Maria Luisa Abrantes, recognise the qualities of inventors.
Maria Luisa Abrantes reiterated that the gala was also to acknowledge productive companies that followed the rules set out in the investment material. "For the second year in a row we have put on a gala for the business community who have implemented and undertaken these investments, particularly in the provinces. We are aiming to show that there are good investors in the provinces", she stated.
The 2nd ANIP Award proposes not only to reward the implementation of the best private investment projects and its contribution towards the socio-economic development of Angola, but also to encourage Sponsors to contribute to and support young inventors and cultural events.
1. AWARD FOR INVENTORS
TRIBUTE: to Guilherme Mogas, for having been a pioneer in inventions in Angola, one of which, namely the sight stimulating device for the blind, has attained international recognition.
- SILVER MEDAL: Inácio Silva, freelance inventor from Luanda, and the inventor of a travel bag fitted with electronic devices such as a multi-use bicycle and a candle base to recycle candle wax;
- SILVER MEDAL: Manuel Bongo, freelance inventor from Bié, who invented an electronic wheelchair, equipped with a system that generates electrical energy through solar panels, and batteries that are self-charging through an electric motor that allows the user to also charge electronic devices;
- GOLD MEDAL: Paula Oliveira, professor dean at the Faculty of medicine of the Lueji A’Nkonde University, who put together a project that looks to produce a preliminary anti-venom serum for snakebites;
- GOLD MEDAL: Rui Miguel Santos, general director of SISTEC, who recently won a gold medal in the 66th IENA –International Trade Fair Ideas, Inventions, New Products (GERMANY) for his electronic voting station.
2. AWARDS TO ANIP INVESTORS
- CITIC – Construção (Angola), Co, Lda | Construction
- IMEX TRADE – Importação e Exportação, Lda | Import\Export
- NOVICER – Cerâmicas de Angola, Lda | Ceramics
- EXTRIAL, LDA
- CERBAB – Comércio e Indústria | Trade and Industry
- PNEUANG, LDA
- TOPACK ANGOLA – Indústria de Plástico, Lda | Plastics
- VIMO INDÚSTRIA, LDA
- ZAGOPE ANGOLA – Construção e Engenaria, SA | Construction and Engineering
- ANGOBETUMES – Sociedade Angolana de Betumes | Bitumen
- LUSACOLA, LDA
- BIOCOM – Companhia de Bioenergia de Angola
- PAENAL – Porto Amboim Estaleiros Navais, Lda | Shipbuilding
- PULULUKUA – Resort & SPA do Pululukua
- HOTEL EKWIKWI – Huambo
- HOTEL TERMINUS – Ndalatando
- SANA LUANDA ROYAL HOTEL – Epic Sana
- REFRIANGO – Indústria e Comércio, Lda